this is what I'm talking about
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Both Sides of the Argument

As previously mentioned, I am a woman. I have all the "woman" parts, so technically, I know this to be true. I have conceived four children, birthed these four children, and even nursed these same four children. In fact, I have witnesses to all these events and whom can all corroborate my claim that yes, I am a Bona Fide female!

However, in the sake of fairness and good journalism, there are those who wish to refute this argument. Below are some of my nay sayers, and their statements.


Exhibit A) at a special-needs camp I volunteer for, I was having dinner with my all boy 12 year old campers. Their cabin had formed a Fraternity during the week, and one of these sweet boys asked me if I would be joining it. No, I gently replied. That's sort of "your thing", and besides, I said, a fraternity was technically for boys. "Yeaaaahhhh", he answered, "but you're not a 'real girl'". I cocked my head to question this, but instead was met with other 12 year old boys nodding in agreement.

Exhibit B) at the family dinner table, Dean poses: "Mom, were you always a girl? Or were you born a boy, but got "that operation"?

Exhibit C) when still teaching first grade, I asked a bunch of my kids if I was a boy a girl. NOOOooooo! They all giggled. Ok, ok. I corrected. I mean, am I a "man" or a "woman". NoooOOOOoooOOOO they all chanted again. Wait! I reminded them. I have to be one or the other. I have to be either a "man" or a "woman". One little girl raised her hand. "Noooo, Mrs.____. she laughed. You're not a "man" or a "woman". You're a MOM".

Exhibit D) leaving Epcot, my daughter Avery turns to me and asks, "mom, if you didn't shave, would you have a moustache?" I defensively told her I don't shave my face - only men do.

So there you have it. Decide for yourself. If you have pix of me, I dare you to zoom in real close and see if my parts are real. Well, most are, anyway ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. I just clicked on this from Dalia's FB page. I have the pleasure of working with your sis. Cute kids by the way!

    ReplyDelete