this is what I'm talking about
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Get the Soap...

Hello, everybody!

My kids are all at camp, and I miss them dearly. I was thinking how fast they've grown. And with that comes the responsibility of watching what you say. It was a sad day when we had to limit our listening to 50 Cent to times when the kids weren't in the car. But then again, hearing the "N bomb" or "mother effer" coming out of my beautiful baby girl's mouth just felt DIRTY.

I have washed my boys' mouth out with soap for them repeating the word "penis". Not because it's a bad word, but because they were standing on either side of their 7-year old sister, thrusting, and saying "penis" over and over until she cried. They've since changed the word to "weenis", as if I wouldn't know what they were referring to. And aside from the slam to my intelligence, all has been fine.

Then there was the time I was working in my office, on the computer. Harrison was laying on the floor at my side, coloring. He was 3 years old. I'm typing, he's coloring, and I hear out of his precious mouth "cluuuusssssterfuuuuck". Say what?! I ignored that one, thinking if I gave it energy it would sprout wings and fly.

I've had notes sent home from Dean's teacher complaining of potty mouth (the word he used that day was "butt-face"), Madeline asked a chaperon on a 5th grade field trip what a "condom" was (apparently there was a dispenser in the public bathroom they were using), Avery sang a song to me that had the word "ballsack" in it (I'm still traumatized by that one).

Now, here's the fun part...
tell me what's the FILTHIEST, WORST thing you've heard your kid say? C'mon, share! It's fun and therapeutic...

2 comments:

  1. So, while my little dear is still non verbal a recent story from a friend - her 4 year old was playing with his toy cars - driving them around, saying "go there little trucker" though instead of "truck" there was a lovely 4 letter work in it's place that sounds oh so similar. His mom, trying to contain laughter but sounding shocked, said to him "son, we don't say that" to which he turned his head, looked up at her smiled replying "why, is it bad?" It has been one of his favorites since!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, T!! Loved the "weenis" part, though now that I know your boys know how to thrust, I'd prefer for them to stay at least 50' from my innocent daughter!!

    To answer your question... When our middle son came home from sleepaway camp for the first time, I asked him whether he learned anything new. He said no, but when I asked him whether he learned any new words, he sheepishly said yes... but he wouldn't say what they were. Until, of course, I promised that this was a "safe zone" and he'd absolutely NOT get in any trouble.

    So he says "hell". So cute, so innocent... I smiled and asked if there was anything else. he said "crap". I said "good one, anything else?" as I basked in the glory of having an innocent then 8-year old son.

    And then, Armageddon. Just when I thought we had reached the apex of Cussdom, he unloaded in rapid fire- "F*ck, Sh*t, C*ckface,..." and list continued until I waived my white flag and surrendered. Gotta love sleepaway camp!!

    ReplyDelete